- September 1993 : Appointment of Mr. John Hayes as Honorary Consul of Morocco in Auckland.
- November 1994 : Establishment of diplomatic relations and appointment of an ambassador of New Zealand to Morocco with residence in Madrid;
- June 1997 : Presentation by HE Omar Hilale, ambassador of the kingdom of Morocco in Indonesia of his Letters of Credence as ambassador to New Zealand with residence in Jakarta;
- 24 April 2001 : HE Mrs Christine Heather Bogle presented her Letters of Credence as ambassador of New Zealand to Morocco with residence in Madrid;
- 7 May 2004 : Presentation of Letters of Credence by H.E. Mr Abderrahman Drissi Alami, ambassador of the kingdom of Morocco in Indonesia ;
- 27 October 2005 : HE Mr Geoffrey Kenyon Ward presented copies of his Letters of Credence as ambassador of New Zealand to Morocco with residence in Madrid;
- 6 March 2007 : Presentation by HE Mr Badre Eddine Allali of his Letters of Credence as ambassador of His Majesty the King to New Zealand with residence in Canberra.
- Visit of a New Zealand trade delegation in May 1984;
- Visit of Mr John Luxton, New Zealand minister of fisheries, in May 1999;
- Visit of a delegation of the company "Prepared Foods Limited" from 9 to 21 July 2001;
- Visit of Mr Pete Hodgson, Minister of fisheries, to take part at the Seventh Conference of the Parties on Climate Change (Marrakech, November 2001);
- Visit of a delegation of the company "Prepared Foods Limited" from 12 to 19 July 2002;
- Visit of Mrs Christine Heather Bogle, ambassador of New Zealand to Morocco, from 19 to 22 June 2004;
To New Zealand
- Visit of a Moroccan economic delegation, headed by the Secretary of State of commerce, industry and handicrafts from 3 to 5 November 1997;
- Visit of a Trade mission, headed by the Minister of external trade in 1999;
- Visit of Mr Mustapha Mansouri, Minister of Employment and Vocational Training, in July 2005.
Morocco's Trade relations with New Zealand
Exports : NZ$144 Millions. Mainly phosphates.
Imports : NZ$46 Millions. Mainly butter.
1- Agreement signed
- "Business Cooperation Agreement", signed in 1998, between the Moroccan Export Promotion Centre and the Auckland Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry. This agreement stipulates the setting-up by the private sector in both countries of a joint business council;
- Framework agreement for cooperation in the sector of fisheries.
2- Draft Agreements
- Draft agreement on the promotion and protection of investments;
- Draft convention for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion.
- Draft sanitary and veterinary agreement;
3-Draft agreements proposed by the New Zealand private sector
- Draft agreement on sustainable development in fishing gastropods and echinoderms, proposed by New Zealand company "Prepared Foods Limited";
- Convention for partnership and exploratory research of deep waters between the "Institut National de Recherches Halieutiques'' and New Zealand company "Sealord".